Show us how your current project is progressing
Paul C

Re: My First J-45...

Post by Paul C » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Indeed it came out great. Congrats.

TonyinNYC

Post by TonyinNYC » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:14 am

That's a real beauty. Very nice job. I like how you modified Ken's binding jig as well. Each time I have to route binding channels, I consider upgrading to his other system, but then I look at my original KMG jig and recall how well it has served me for 10 guitars and an ukulele, and I save my money. Great tool that has paid for itself many times over. I got it as part of my success kit 3 or 4 years ago and I have used it for every guitar since.
Nice work modifying the shape of the guitar too. I like it a lot.

Tim Benware

Post by Tim Benware » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

TonyinNYC wrote:That's a real beauty. Very nice job. I like how you modified Ken's binding jig as well. Each time I have to route binding channels, I consider upgrading to his other system, but then I look at my original KMG jig and recall how well it has served me for 10 guitars and an ukulele, and I save my money. Great tool that has paid for itself many times over. I got it as part of my success kit 3 or 4 years ago and I have used it for every guitar since.
Nice work modifying the shape of the guitar too. I like it a lot.
Thanks. You could build a tower pretty easy. Really the only thing you would have to buy is a decent set of drawer slides (and the pulley to counter balance but you could use rubber bands for that as well). My hands were a little to unsteady to keep things where I wanted with the original setup. I love the modified one, its really easy to dial in.
I've "Ben-Had" again!
Tim Benware
Creedmoor, NC