Recommended Fox Bender Plans

Show us your DIY shop made Side Bender and the procedure for its use
George Welch

Recommended Fox Bender Plans

Post by George Welch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Had asked Ken if he knew of a "best" set of Fox Bender plans and he suggested I post the query here - so here goes.

I'm looking to build a bender - so would like your recommendations for a set of plans to do that. If you've made changes to the plans you recommend, I'd appreciate knowing that as well.

Thanks in advance

George

ken cierp

Re: Recommended Fox Bender Plans

Post by ken cierp » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:38 am

George the link I had for the original "Fox Bender plan" (first post in this section) has been deactivated I'll try and track that down.

George Welch

Post by George Welch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

Great, Ken - Thank you

ken cierp

Post by ken cierp » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Lots of these around, as mentioned needs some safety features and of course I like fully enclosed forms.
I like to pre-bend the waist curve same as the factories, that eliminates the need for the support bars and most importantly the end result is a side that has minimum spring back --- the notation that the side needs to be clamped in an outside mold to get its final shape is a bunch of crap -- look at the factory tour videos even at the Martin factory the rim is assembled free form including installing the ribbon lining. For that matter anyone that has constructed a KMG kit knows the sides are shaped when they get it. Anyway, again I highly recommend bending the waist on a pipe.

http://www.acousticguitarconstructionfo ... f=8&t=1371