Rosetta

Making and Installing
jknaster

Rosetta

Post by jknaster » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I thought I was progressing smoothly except for a few minor problems which I managed to correct. However, I glued in the rosetta yesterday afternoon and I just took off the clamp. I don't know what went wrong, but the outer circle did not seat properly on one side -the rosetta piece is sitting high and the edge of the dado is showing space. If i hold the top up to the light I can definitely see light. I hesitant to try to pull it out because I'm afraid of destroying the spruce.

ken cierp

Re: Rosetta

Post by ken cierp » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Perhaps you could post a picture? Lets take a look and get some opinions -- don't panic!

jknaster

Re: Rosetta

Post by jknaster » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks for getting back so quick: I did not panic. I did fix that problem by carefully removing the part of the rosetta that wasn't seated properly. I used a very small jewelers screwdriver and a sharp xacto blade. I worked very carefully. The piece of rosetta broke but I was able to re glue it with good success. However...when I later sanded the rosetta down the inside piece that I thought was seated well turned out not to be in one spot. If you let me know how to post a picture to the site I will do so tomorrow. I'll borrow my wife's camera. As they do say a picture is worth a thousand words. Today was a good learning experience and an exercise in patience.