Clean Shop

Work place layout -- Controlling Temperature -- Humidity -- Air Quality
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum site is to provide a means for acoustic guitar makers at all skill levels to share information, experience and ask questions if project obstacles are encountered. We ask that egos be left at the door – the highest levels of courtesy and respect are to be shown to all. Posts containing disparaging comments will be removed.
Ray Ussery

Clean Shop

Post by Ray Ussery » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:37 pm

They say that a "Clean shop is the sign of a sick mind"....hummmm, could be! :>)

But I HATE dusting...have my laptop in the shop with a printer and other gadgets....and can't afford an air changer for a 12X16 shop so this is my answer.

What you are looking at is a 20X20 box fan on sale for $10 at Walgreens Drug store...a FAN? at a Drug store? ...go figure...

Anyway...I use a Lenox 20X20 HEPA type furnace filter...about $26 most places, filters down to 0.3 micron...I wire it on the fan...then I just set it up where I'm cutting....with filter facing me and fan drawing....90+% of the fine stuff the vacuum misses from the band saw or what ever, goes to the filter...then I just vacuum it off the filter, which has lasted me a year, still looks good and works well....
There are lots of choices out there ...use what ever works for you..

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Lennox-X05 ... MgodrC0Aew

What you are looking at is NOT the filter I use, just put that on so you could get the idea and see the box through it...

Ray :>) .02

Dave Bagwill

Re: Clean Shop

Post by Dave Bagwill » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

That's a good idea!
-Under permanent construction

Ray Ussery

Post by Ray Ussery » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

works Dave, and keeps the fine dust out of my face, eyes and what ever... :>)

Daniel P

Post by Daniel P » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

beautifully simple. Thanks for sharing.

Lonnie B

Post by Lonnie B » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:20 pm

Great idea. I have to be careful I wear a good mask at all times plus take it outside when I can

Ray Ussery

Post by Ray Ussery » Thu May 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Lonnie B wrote:Great idea. I have to be careful I wear a good mask at all times plus take it outside when I can
Yeah, I always wear a good mask...it just helps the shop clean up and reduces the "Right in your face" stuff" if positioned in direction of work and as close as practical!! :)