New rosette

Making and Installing
Lonnie B

Re: New rosette

Post by Lonnie B » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Good post Tonyinnyc. I have a wife like that as well. She's always my QA girl. Problem is it's everything I do. :0)

Walter Massa

Post by Walter Massa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement. Yes Kevin, I used a single piece about 2 x 5x 3/4" and sliced it up on my bandsaw. It had sort of a semi-circular pattern to it so I tried to coax it into a proper sized full circle. I suppose it worked out ok but I wish the pieces were a bit brighter. You can't be too picky when working with rotted wood. Tony, my wife has always been painfully honest with me so I too consider her to be my quality control manager. Incidentally, she also thought it was a little dark.
I'll never be satisfied with my guitar playing until God Himself tells me I'm good... and invites me on stage at Crossroads

TonyinNYC

Post by TonyinNYC » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Lonnie B wrote:Good post Tonyinnyc. I have a wife like that as well. She's always my QA girl. Problem is it's everything I do. :0)
Oh my wife does that too. Don't they all? But I prefer to call her my QC department rather than some of the other things I could call her. It is all about how you present things. If you think she is doing it out of malice, you will get mad, if you know she is doing it out of love, it is easier to tolerate the constant, and I mean CONSTANT criticism. ;-)