My shop space now with the new work bench,lets see yours

Work place layout -- Controlling Temperature -- Humidity -- Air Quality
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum site is to provide a means for acoustic guitar makers at all skill levels to share information, experience and ask questions if project obstacles are encountered. We ask that egos be left at the door – the highest levels of courtesy and respect are to be shown to all. Posts containing disparaging comments will be removed.
Kevin in California

Re: My shop space now with the new work bench,lets see yours

Post by Kevin in California » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:45 am

John that is how a working shop should look. Keep on messing it up. Mine looks like that too.

ken cierp

Post by ken cierp » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:33 am

Nice space Steve -- looks like a metal structure, any plans for humidity contol?

Steve Eubanks

Post by Steve Eubanks » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:59 pm

ken cierp wrote:Nice space Steve -- looks like a metal structure, any plans for humidity contol?
That's a problem yet to be solved. The advantage I have is that I'm in Southern California, so most of the year, humidity isn't much of a problem, but this year's wet winter proved that "most of the time" is a pretty unreliable measure. As I'm dealing with all the other work associated with building out the shop, my fall back is just to keep project materials in the house where I have a little more control.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steve Eubanks
Glendora, CA

Steve Eubanks

Post by Steve Eubanks » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:15 am

Finished up Phase 1 of the shop this weekend. All cleaned up and ready for me to get in there and mess it all up with actual project work now. The two missing pieces at this point are a band saw (still looking for a nice saw that I can get at a price way below what it's worth), and to build/install the vice at the end of the peninsula bench.

Steve Eubanks
Glendora, CA

John J

Post by John J » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:19 am

Looks good. Jealous of the square footage you've got. I like the dry erase board.
JJ
Learning every day. And having fun doing it.

Herman

Post by Herman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 am

Yeah Steve, what a space. Your condition must be excellent with all these distances to go. I can touch all the things in my shop from my chair.
Herman

Kevin in California

Post by Kevin in California » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Herman just goes to show you, you don't need a lot of space to build fantastic guitars like you do. Just think about all the great guitars that will be coming out of Steve's new shop.
Looks great Steve. Interesting bench design!!!!!!!