I could use some help here.........Help!!

Work place layout -- Controlling Temperature -- Humidity -- Air Quality
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum site is to provide a means for acoustic guitar makers at all skill levels to share information, experience and ask questions if project obstacles are encountered. We ask that egos be left at the door – the highest levels of courtesy and respect are to be shown to all. Posts containing disparaging comments will be removed.
John Parchem

Re: I could use some help here.........Help!!

Post by John Parchem » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:35 am

I have done it both ways. Easier without the bridge on.

When I had the bridge off, I would but a cotton rag with shellac around an eraser to get the areas close to the bridge. I have also mostly ignored the area but when I had a wet pad I would sweep in an lay down some shellac near the bridge. The second way is a little messy looking but if you get enough shellac on you can sand and polish that area.

Kevin in California

Post by Kevin in California » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:38 am

I blew some warm air inside the guitar and it helped. Thanks for that suggestion Ken. I'd say the top came back up at least 50%. So I shot warm air into the case and closed it up. I'll leave it for a few days and see how it progresses. I'll get some desiccant to put in there too to hopefully continue the restored dome.

Kevin in California

Post by Kevin in California » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

The humidity in the house is about 65. I have it 45 now in the case with the guitar. The top is almost back to where it needs to be, still a little dip behind the bridge area. I have a desiccant device in the case and will leave it there till spring I guess. I wanted to start French polishing it now. Oh well.