Building Martin Style Acoustic Guitar Kits -- Bill Cory

Tell us what you think of the construction books YOU OWN -- "please no hear say"
ken cierp

Building Martin Style Acoustic Guitar Kits -- Bill Cory

Post by ken cierp » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

This is a great book and pretty much the salvation of those that purchase Martin factory Guitar kits either direct or from one of instrument supply houses like Musician's Friend. I think it is common knowledge that the so called instruction manual supplied by Martin is almost useless since it is a cursory glimpse of how a guitar is basically put together rather than a detailed explanation of the process. Bill takes the builder through the assembly procedures offering some options along the way. He breaks down the mysterious elements into incremental understandable components. I would have to say that his explanation of how to fit "the joint from hell" -- the Dove Tail neck joint is easily the best I have ever seen in print. The book's neat spiral binding make it nice to have right in the shop for quick reference. This is a good read for all those looking to expand their guitar construction knowledge base and a "must read - must own" for those who bought or are thinking of purchasing a Martin Factory guitar kit. Get it here http://www.KitGuitarManuals.com

George

Re: Building Martin Style Acoustic Guitar Kits -- Bill Cory

Post by George » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks!!!!

I just ordered the book. It will be here before I'm ready to set the neck.

George

George

Re: Building Martin Style Acoustic Guitar Kits -- Bill Cory

Post by George » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Folks, this is the kit builders bible. A must read for the Greenhorn Builders. Excellent, well written, easy to follow instructions. Worth every penny!!

George