Hurricane Sandy guitar Finished pics

Post a few pictures of your "completed" project
TonyinNYC

Hurricane Sandy guitar Finished pics

Post by TonyinNYC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 pm

I had to rush to get this guitar done so the owner could play it at his sister's wedding, so I did not get to document the whole thing, but here are the finished pics:

I would be delivering it any day now, but the owner told me he made a mistake and the wedding he wants to play it at, his sister's, is not until July 6th, not June 6th as he told me half way into the build. Anyway, it gives me time to fix a sand through in the finish on the binding, and to buff out the tiny scratches I can only see when I look at the pics blown up on my screen!
Thanks to everyone who donated parts for this guitar. A member here was very generous with supplying 7, thats right, SEVEN different types of binding so I could choose what worked best. I'm not sure he wants his name mentioned because he never posted publicly so I wont mention it, but I am very grateful for his generosity, as well as several other people who helped out. The CNC cut inlay for the fretboard was a last minute addition and was done for the cost of shell by the same guy, Andy Birko, who donated the CNC cut faux bound fret board and the CNC cut bridge. The tuners and neck were also donated, and I am extremely thankful for the help and time savings the donations provided me. My wife is thankful for the time it saved as well since I was not living in the shop!
Thanks for looking,
Tony

John Parchem

Re: Hurricane Sandy guitar Finished pics

Post by John Parchem » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks great the way it is. I really like how the sap wood reads on the sides of the guitar. Congratulations on making a great instrument.

ken cierp

Post by ken cierp » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Most excellent!!

But you did fall for the fake consignment deadline trick -- but its done and done very nicely, way to go!!

Kyle Barbour

Post by Kyle Barbour » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Looks great. I bet it sounds just as good. That ziricote is beautiful. The new owner will love it.
Kyle

TonyinNYC

Post by TonyinNYC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 pm

kencierp wrote:Most excellent!!

But you did fall for the fake consignment deadline trick -- but its done and done very nicely, way to go!!
Ha! I am making him wait, so if he was pulling that trick, he is the one paying for it!

Thanks everyone! This one sounds pretty good. I am very pleased. I have been promised a video when he plays it at the wedding. I will post a link for sure.

dave d

Post by dave d » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:06 pm

whoa baby, that is one sweet instrument. Love the ziricote and binding combo. Truly a professional piece.

jstream

Post by jstream » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:16 pm

BeeYouTeeFull!